As restrictions for the COVID-19 health emergency are revised and training is allowed for martial arts venues to reopen for classes, the Government in conjunction with the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) have set conditions associated with the easing of restrictions.
These include social distancing conditions, and the number of students allowed to train based on the size of the venue, as well as a maximum number of people per venue, etc.
Revised Training Conditions
As a result of these guidelines we have introduced a number of changes to our venue entry and training conditions, so that we comply with the restrictions, which are as follows…
- Classes – Timetable
– A revised class timetable has been introduced, with classes on Thursdays & Fridays cancelled;
– We have introduced an online system to book classes, so that we stay within the prescribed limit for students;
The system will provide a class reminder by email and text message to students / parents prior to classes;
– It is mandatory that information is recorded of all people who enter the venue and that it is kept for 28 days for COVID-19 case tracking as needed;
- QR Code Registration – is available on the front door and reception area and is a condition of entry into the venue as per Vic Gov & DHHS guidelines.
- Vaccination Status rules are as follows:
- Children over 16 years old and adults must be fully vaccinated to enter venues, except those with medical exemptions.
- Children under 16 years old do not need to be vaccinated but must be accompanied by fully vaccinated adults.
- Attending Class
– As we have limited change rooms, it is necessary for all students to arrive already in the necessary clothing for class;
– Parents will not be able to stay to watch classes in the reception area, as this would exceed the permitted venue numbers;
– Children are not to be dropped off early or picked up late at the venue, so that we do not exceed permitted venue numbers;
– Class venue equipment and space is cleaned regularly against COVID virus
– We are looking into introducing a video streaming service for parents to watch classes, additional information to be provided soon
– Students are to follow the following steps at the venue:
1. Sanitize or wash Hands on Entry
2. Maintain Social Distance (at all times and as possible during training)
3. All bags and shoes to be put into provided storage area
4. No Sharing of Personal Water bottles
5. Wash hands after use of toilets
6. All students to follow instructions by instructor in regards to safety requirements
7. Temperature checks will be taken and recorded for all students on entry to the training area.
- Health Information & Liability Waiver
As part of the Health guidelines we will ask you at the time of booking your class to make a statement that you (student or guardian)
‘I agree that I am healthy and fit to train, and…
1. Have not had a fever in the past 24 hours above 37.8o C (100o F)?
Note: NMAA reserves the right to measure the temperature of all students on entry to the venue as a precaution.
2. Have not, or recently had, any of the following symptoms: Cough, Fever, Headache, Loss of /smell, Loss of Taste, Muscle Aches, Shortness of Breath, Sore Throat, Vomiting or Diarrhoea?
Note: Students are to inform NMAA instructor’s immediately when the symptoms above are experienced at any time.
3. Have not been in contact with anyone in the past 14 days that has symptoms or been diagnosed with COVID-19?
Note: Students (family) are to inform NMAA instructor’s immediately in the advent of the above situation occurring.
Full details can be seen at: Client Release -COVID-19
- Membership Fees
To reduce any risk of infection, all fees are required to be paid in advance by ‘Credit Card’ through our direct debit facility. All information is held confidentially according to bank and credit facility guidelines. The use of the venue eftpos facilities is for new enrollments and purchase of goods as needed, e.g. pants, gloves, tops, etc. only.
- Cancellation Policy: as a reminder please note that NMAA policy is that we do not provide credits or refunds for missed classes. As an alternative we provide the option of re-booking the class, depending on availability of places over the next 4 weeks. With the restriction on the number of students per class this policy will be strictly enforced.
Due to the additional requirements as per Health Department guidelines for additional cleaning we will be reviewing class / membership fees in line with incurred additional costs over the next few months.