Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has been around for more than 50 years. Since it gained popularity in the early 1990’s, more people want to learn it and the best place to that is in a gym. Before you sign up for class, here are a few rules you must know when you enter the Dojo.
1. You have to be in proper attire before you step on the mat. This usually consists of the Gi. If you haven’t bought one yet, you can enter wearing a T-shirt and sweat pants or shorts. Just get one as soon as possible.
2. Even if the dojo is air conditioned, it is going to get hot during class so bring a towel to wipe yourself and have with you a water bottle to avoid dehydration.
3. The instructor must always be addressed as “Sensei.” In English, it means “the one who has gone before.” Outside the dojo, you can take out labels and call each other on a first name basis. As for other students who are senior, it is safe to call them Sir or Ma’am.
4. Aside from properly addressing those higher than you, bowing must be done once you enter the dojo, before a fight and when you leave the dojo after class. The correct way of doing it is to bend forward with your feet together and with both hands on the front of the thighs. When this is done in front of someone, always maintain eye contact.
5. Everyone will have their chance to spar and when it is not your turn, pay close attention to what the rest are doing. You can take notes if you like so you can review them when you get home. This should also be over to your Sensei as this is one of the components that are graded in order for you to get the next belt.
6. There are is a seating plan in the Dojo. Those who wear the brown belts sit on the left of the instructor while those wearing blue and green on the right. If you are new, you have a white belt and you will be seated in front of the instructor. When signaled, everyone bows to the instructor and he too will do the same.
7. The proper way of sitting during Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class is on your knees with your butt resting on your feet or cross legged. Other positions are considered to be impolite so never make the mistake of doing that.
8. If you have to go to the bathroom or leave the class early, inform the instructor first so he or she knows where you are.
9. During a match, the only way to win a match is to make your opponent tap the mat. When this happens, you have to let them go in the same manner that they will also show the same courtesy to you.
10. Classes start on time so you should be ready by the time it begins. If you are going to be late, call in advance.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu rules are practiced so no one gets seriously hurt. If you don’t know what to do, follow what the rest are doing or ask questions.
More Webpages, Product, Video, News and Tips – Click Blogatme Here or More Download and Free Ebook with Master Resell Rights also Ebook Review Click EbookisDead Here