Muay Thai is one of the most sought after martial arts styles today. This brutal martial art which originated from Thailand more than a thousand years ago has since captured the attention and interest of martial arts enthusiasts and fitness fanatics all over the world. It might be quite intimidating for some to try because it’s an intense physical sport in every sense of the word. It demands both high physical and mental endurance because of all the punching, clinging, and kicking involved. Nevertheless, Muay Thai is definitely something worth trying. There are a lot of benefits that you can get in Muay Thai training aside from the obvious self defense application. Let me share to you some of them.
1. A buff body. Muay Thai training revs up your body metabolism which makes you burn off unwanted fats and gain muscle. With only after a few months of training you can see a much leaner and meaner silhouette of your body. Aside from toning your body, Muay Thai is also effective in boosting your immune system, making you less susceptible to illnesses.
2. Enhanced flexibility. With regular training, your body will become more flexible and conditioned.
2. Increased strength and agility. Regular Muay Thai training helps build your stamina and put your body in good shape. As your body gets exposed to intense routines in a regular basis, your body becomes stronger and more resilient.
3. Enhanced mind and body coordination. Constant Muay Thai training allows your mind and body to connect instantly and effectively as you react to your sparring mate’s attacks.
4. Increased mental alertness. Muay Thai is all about strategy so your mind will be also trained to think of new tactics to help you fight and defend yourself from your opponent.
5. Value of sportsmanship and self discipline. Muay Thai is a very competitive sport so you’ll really learn how to control yourself and how to respect others even though they are your opponent.
6. You get to meet and make friends with new people. Muay Thai training gives you the opportunity to meet and socialize with different kinds of people. It’s also a great way to boost your self confidence and self esteem as well.
As you can see, Muay Thai is really a great sport to take up. What’s good about it is that it doesn’t only improve the physical body, but the mind as well. So, what are you waiting for? Learn Muay Thai now!